Pages

Friday, July 01, 2011

Change is needed...

I have been thinking a lot about the current state of youth ministry and youth pastors within the church.  It seems like almost every week I hear from a friend or two who are leaving their church for any number of different reasons.  Since I resigned my own position in March, I have been thinking about youth ministry in the local church and whether it is really working or not.


The other day I got into a conversation with some friends of mine on Twitter and then eventually Facebook about this exact topic.  I really enjoyed talking and thinking about this and getting confirmation of my own thoughts.  Over the next couple weeks I will be blogging more about it but for now, here are 3 articles written by friends with a couple different view points. 


Tony Myles - Putting Your Senior Pastor in his Place - Part 1


Tim Schmoyer - Youth Ministry is Crippled


Mark Riddle - Change in the Church

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roy,
this is something God had put on my heart in recent years. I wrote a book about it actually, that is yet to be published. But I have written about it on my blog also, check it out if you like: www.myendofthedeal.com

I really just want to say I agree with your thinking 100%, I hope God continues to guide your thoughts as He has mine.