Pages

Saturday, October 14, 2006

You never realize

that you will miss something until it almost leaves you. Right now I am sitting in a hospital room with my father (who doesn't know that I am here). You see, yesterday he had a major stroke and is in a medical coma. Basically, they have made it where he won't move because he doesn't like having tubes or anything in him.

This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I can't do anything for him. The entire 16 hour drive I struggled not to get emotional. I spent my time thinking about him and trying to figure out what I could do to help. It wasn't until I talked to my mom that I lost it. She told me that he would never work again... I was floored, the seriousness of the situation truly hit me. My father will never be the same person he was the last time I saw him (which sad to say was almost a year ago).

So, anyways. He is getting ready to be carted off to have an MRI done to find out exactly what happened. They believe he has a blood clot but will need to make sure. Please pray for my father and mother. Their life is changing rapidly.

I know God is in control and that nothing happens without Him knowing it. I know God can heal my father completely, or He can choose not. However He works in my fathers life, I know that His will will be done and He will be glorified.

No comments: