Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Confirmation 2008

In the Methodist church they have a tradition called Confirmation. This is a time set aside for an age group to be brought into the church as members. For Platte Woods, we offer Confirmation during the 8th grade year for a 12 week period. During this time we cover everything from the Bible, the beginning Church, the Methodist Church and personal Salvation. This was my first year ever doing Confirmation. Growing up in the Nazarene church, we didn't do confirmation. I am glad to be able to do it though.

I really believe in Confirmation. I believe that students should have the information to make an informed decision about their faith. We had 32 students finish Confirmation this year. 32 students who stood in front of the church last Sunday and proclaimed (with all their information) that they put their lives and faith in Jesus Christ. 32 8th graders who stood in front of 500+ people unashamed of their sin and giving their life to God.

I am very proud of each of these students and pray for them all the time. I know that what they did was hard. I know that some of them did it just because their parents wanted them to. I know some of them will leave the church or never come back, because they either don't understand God or want to know Him. That part breaks my heart. BUT I also know that there are those who stood in front of the Congregation and were serious about their commitment. I know there are those who want to live the life that God has for them. I know they love God and want to life their life for Him.

God has a plan for all 32 confirmation students. He wants what is best for these students, all they have to do is stick with Him...

No comments: