Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When God takes Charge!!!

DisappointmentThere are many times in my life where I thought that I was doing what God was telling me to, only to find out it wasn't. Do you ever feel like that. You get caught up in the emotion of the moment and go with the flow, only to have it come back at you.

I do that. When I don't take the time to consult God, to pray over it, to ignore the tiny cricket in my head telling me to slow down and be patient. So much of our life we are told to go with our feelings. To live for the moment, but the moment always passes and most of the time we are left thinking 'I waited for that' because we are always left wanting.

But I have also had the other side, I have been in God's will completely and could literally feel the love around me and His satisfaction with what I was doing. It is an amazing feeling and a place where I always want to be. You see, God knows what is best for us no matter what we think. We all think we are always right, but that isn't the case.

God tells us in Jeremiah 29:11 "
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God knows our life better than we do and wants nothing but to help us find the eternal feeling of being in his will...

No comments: