Pages

Sunday, March 01, 2009

NYMC

So I am a day late in posting about the National Youth Ministers
Conference I'm Columbus, OH. This is my first time coming to this
conference and I knew that it was laid out differently than the others
but I was still very excited about it. I am glad that I came. I am
lucky enough to have brought my wife, my assistant and one of my adult
leaders with me. Me vs 3 ladies, not always fun :) jk. We had a very
easy time getting to Columbus via Chicago. Planes were on time, a
little hot but short fligts with no problems. Once we got here, the
four of us took a normal cab to the hotel. The Crown Plaza is a nice
hotel to stay at. Glad we are staying there, all the COOL people are
staying there.
I got the opportunity to take an early pre-conference seminar with
Doug Fields about working with volunteers. This is one of my focuses
right now in my ministry because I think we are burning out adult
leaders. I haven't been as good at leading them as I should be. I
was hoping this seminar would help me kick start a better adult leader
program. Doug always does a great job I'm laying out simple steps and
ideas to get things done. I am excited to go back and think through
some things he talked about.
After dinner, we enjoyed a great opening general session with Josh
Griffin hosting. He is a very funny guy and made us all laugh. I
loved the Segway Olympics. The worship was incredible. Doug did Sr
introductions. Then we heard from Alex And Brett Harris who wrote a
book about teenagers wanting more than low expectations. It was a
great talk and something I am going to talk to my students about. I
know our students want to do more, and I need to help them do it.

No comments: