Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Days Off

I finally got a day off. For the last three weeks I have been at church doing something, or spending time with my students. I love spending time with them but I also enjoy the days where I don't have to do anything. I am relaxing this weekend and really enjoying it. We are doing some household work and might go out today but for the most part we are just relaxing.

And that brings me to another questions, in our 7 day world, how do we make time for the Sabbath that God commands us to have. As a minister that is hard because Sundays is a day of work for me, and there are times I have events on Saturday, so that leaves my weekends out. And most of the time I get into my work during the week, so I "forget" to take a day off. I also used to work for a company where I had to work on Sundays and there are many others in the world who do.

I try to take at least one day off. A day of relaxing and restoration. I know for some that isn't easy to do but I think as a pastor it is essential that I do that. I love what I do and can easily be caught up in it, so I need to force myself to take some time off.

How do you spend your Sabbath? Do you take the time off and restore yourself or do you go 24/7 with no rest at all?

No comments: