Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

From Start to Finish...

Now that I am a full-time youth pastor I decided that I would try to write a 7 year curriculum for my youth ministry. I really believe this is something that needs to be done. If all goes as planned, a student in the 6th grade will finish the ministry getting a good grounding for their lives. The curriculum will encompass all the majors themes of the Bible plus many other topics they need to know.

Most of the people who I have talked to about this have told me Good Luck... I know this is a pretty big deal, but I think it needs to be done. I have an intern who is going to help me do it. He is in seminary and is supposed to be an excellent Biblical researcher. I have already laid down the major themes I want to cover, and this week him and I are going to layout the calendar for the next 7 years. I am praying that this will work out like I have planned. If all goes they way I want, then I will have a rotating 7 year lesson schedule to use, which will make planning all that easier, plus it will be easier for all the other teachers (Sunday School, small groups, etc) to be in line with what we are teaching.

My goal is to have the main topic covered during Youth Group (Sunday Night), then on Wednesday & Sunday Morning (small groups) they will reiterate what we talked about on the Sunday Night before. We will also have information to give to the parents at the start of each month or lesson series that they can use to open discussion between them and their students. This would be things like devotion topics, prayer topics, questions to ask, etc.

I will be updating my blog and site with our progress. I am hoping to get a couple years done before the holidays start. Just depends on how fast we can get things together...

No comments: