Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

The Game Plan

I haven't been to the movies all summer. I think I have seen only a couple since moving to KC. I often get preview invitations for different Christian movies, or family friendly movies but don't often go. But last week I got an invitation to see a preview of the movie The Game Plan with the Rock in it. Since I don't watch a ton of tv but my kids are Disney channel freaks, so I have seen commercials for it and other interviews with the cast. I like the Rock (and not just cause he played football for UM ) but he just seems kind of laid back in his acting.

I wanted the whole family to see it but Beth had a Bible study to do, so I took Timmy & Abigail. They were both really excited to go (see Disney Channel info above). I am really impressed with this movie. I almost cried. Abigail & Timmy did. The whole movie was great. The acting was good. The Rock did a great job and so did Madison. The storyline was also very good. Normally, I have problems with Disney movies because they tend to blur the actual family lines, but this one didn't. The Game Plan really hammered home the need for a father, on top of taking the very selfish "Joe" and turned him into a big baby for his daughter. There was no language, no innuendos, just a good movie with a good story and good acting. I was glad that I could go and take the kids. They really enjoyed it.

I would recommend this movie to anyone, especially someone looking for a good family friendly...

No comments: