Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Too Revealing or Over Zealous Complaints

I was sitting around watching TV last night and ran across this news story, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20644329/. I am always shocked when other people try to dictate what other people can wear. I believe that some clothes are revealing or just moronic to wear but I don't think I would ever goes as far as complaining to an airline because I believed that. The premise of the story is that the lady in the picture was asked to get off a Southwest flight because her clothes were too revealing, for what seems like another passenger. From the story it seems that someone complained to Southwest and they took it upon themselves to censor this woman from the flight. I am amazed that people are so self-involved that they feel the need to push their own agenda on other people and force them to change... I know that might sound weird coming from someone whose job it is to convince people that what they are doing is wrong and change it. I don't feel the need to go around and push my personal opionions of dress or anything else, on other people. I am not a tattoo or piercings person, but I don't condemn those who are. I know what revealing clothing is and I teach my daughter and students what it is, giving them knowledge to make the right decision, not forcing them to change to what I think is right. I believe we are too caught up in the little things to really see the major problems in this world. On a similar note, it seems Louisiana is headed in the same directions, they are banning baggy pants in their state. Now how rude is that. I believe that is over the top. What is next, no shorts in public because someone's legs are too white. This is what is killing this country, people who have nothing better to do than nitpick at other people just to make themselves feel better... Let me know what you think... Also, I do believe what this woman is wearing is on the edge of being too revealing.... but not enough that I would be embarrassed, I have seen way worse in public.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yeah I saw this story last week. Of course you have seen worse, you've been in South Miami. It is certainly crazy what they did. But what is worse is that she is suing. No one but the 100 or so people on the plane would have ever known what happened and really who cares what a 100 strangers think. But now the whole world knows about it b/c she is suing.