Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

I am taking the queue of a great Jr. High youth pastor Kurt Johnston from Saddleback. After every weekend he blogs about the previous weekend. I have always liked how he did it, so I am borrowing his format.

Attendance: Way Below Average (28 out of 90 active)
Lesson Topic: Beginnings - Joining the Story: Creation
'Fun Factor': Average
Volunteer Involvement: Below Average
Music: None
Lesson Quality: Average
Length of Lesson: 40 minutes
Student Response: Average

This was my first weekend leading Youth Group on Sunday Nights. I didn't have everything exactly as I wanted. Trash and Treasure took up most of my week so I didn't some stuff done. The service went ok. I had 3 adult leaders but know that more will come. The students like the table format and from those I talked to, they liked the direction we were going. As we began our discussion on Joining the Story, we focused on the Beginning / Creation. As we move forward as a ministry, we must know where we started in order to make sure we are heading in the right direction. Creation is the start of the Christian story and the beginning of humanity. Understanding Gods intentions for humankind can help us in our Christian walk.

You can view my sermon notes here. Click Here

No comments: