Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

SYMC 2010


So this week is the Simply Youth Ministry Conference in Chicago, IL. Last year we brought a total of 4 people, this year we are bringing 12. I am super excited about it. Not just for the chance to catch up with some oft youth pastor friends from around the country but also a chance to spend some time with some of my core leaders.

God has blessed Flite Ministries with over 30 wonderful adult leader who are committed to haring the gospel with students and making them feel loved. This conference is only going to make them stronger and more prepared. Our group is very diverse. Most of them are parents of students on our ministry and some have none. Some are younger and some are older. We have some couples coming and some flying solo. All of them are great people who have given up a weekend to learn how to reshuffle students for Christ better.

I know that this conference will help our adults become better youth pastors to our students. Each adult represents a different set of students in our ministry. Each of our adults are atteding different seminars and then we will be pooling our knowledge together.

I think I am also going to purhase the entire conference so I can take it back to our other adult leaders who weren't able to make it. I can't wait for our team to get here on Friday.

No comments: