Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

SYMC Day 1

Unloading some Sack Chairs



Day 1 of our official visit to Chicago was awesome. I had so much fun catching up with some old friends and meeting some new ones. I really need this weekend to unwind ad just other about some things going on. The Simply Youth Ministry Conference is more than just a time to come and learn but a time to relax, connect and enjoy the presence of like minded people. The funny part is, there are no denominations here. We don't care where you are gouge but how we can help you get there better. All of us here have a passion for students and seeing them come to know Christ in a real way.



I got the opportunity to sit in on a dinner foe some of the volunteers who help put this event together. This morning, Kami recruited Beth and I to help unload 95 sack chairs. I had fun. Later we can in re conference center and watched as workers setup the SYMC store. At the dinner Doug Fields talked about how this conference is more than just some greet speakers but about the little moments that happen in the hallways and hotel rooms. This conference is about helping those who need it. It is about bringing us all together for a collective time away.


I love being at conferences because I always end up talkig to other youth pastors who need help and who can help me. This afternoon I sat in some sack chairs with Chris and Barry. Each of us talked about different things goug on in our ministry and were offering advice to eah other. It was good to get some outside perspective on thugs happenig for me and to be able to give some advice to up and coming youth pastors.


I can't wait for my team to get here and to hear about there experience and what they take away from it. I think I could leave right mow and feel that I learned something. Lucky for me the confence has just begun.


If you are at SYMC, hit me up and let's talk about what is going on in your ministry.


www.twitter.com/soulshaper
http://soulshaper.blogspt.com

No comments: