Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Smack me silly and call me Shirley....

You know those days that start off not the greatest but end up with some really great stuff happening... Today is a day like that for me. i didn't feel well at all yesterday and into last night. (see previous post) And today wasn't much better because my daughter didn't sleep much which meant my wife and I didn't sleep much. I woke up tired and had a monster headache. But instead of calling out sick, I decided to trudge into work and try to get some stuff done...

So I spent most of the morning trying to get rid of the headache I had, I ended up taking like 4 tylenol to do it and finally after lunch it left me. I got some good news today that I am not able to share but I am incredibly excited about. God is moving in my life, and
I am just trying to keep up. So many good things are happening and I am really enjoying the place He has me right now. My life isn't perfect, but I am complete because of the One I put my faith in. I happy with where my life is headed right now. God is working on me and making me a better Christian, a better pastor and a better father/husband.

This month I am talking about the book Cure for the Common Life" by Max Lucado, and this is what he is talking about. Finding your sweet spot in life. The spot where God puts you, because He gave you the tools to do the job. For years, I thought that spot was in the business world working on webpage, or computer, or in accounting. I was good at those things, so I thought I must be in the business field. But those things weren't th gift that God had given me. He gave me the gift of working with teenagers, having the patience to deal with them, and the ability to convey the message into what they can understand. Know now that I am far from perfect and truly taking it one day at a time. God is continually showing me where I am lacking and showing me how to fix it. A little more prep time here, a coke with a student there, and my life continues to roll.

God has a place for each of us, all we have to do is unpack our bag of tricks (skills) and let him lead us to where He wants us, not where we think we need to be. Only in God can we truly be happy, everything else is just noise.

No comments: