Pages

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Final Countdown...

Well, the countdown has begun. We are less than 4 weeks from when we are moving. Do you know how odd that is to say? I mean, it is one thing to dream about stuff to happen to you, it is another for it to actually be happening.

Beth and I have begun packing (for real this time) and are now realizing exactly how much stuff we have to get done in a relatively short amount of time. I also began to think about this move and what it means and realize that this would be the first time I have totally packed up and moved to another city, with no expectations of coming back. When I left for college, I knew I would be going back during the summer and thought I would move back to live. As a child, we moved but it was never more than a few miles from where we used to live. As an adult, Beth and I have moved several times, but it was never really a big deal or a big distance.

It is funny, because people will ask me how I feel about it all, and I answer that I am incredibly excited and incredibly scared. This is a huge step for us. Our kids are excited, and I know they will become even more excited after we visit MO this weekend. We will be looking at houses and the church as a family.

I also realized how unprepared we are as a family, nothing major but just little things. I have to get my Explorer fixed, we need to save up some money, fix up our house, etc. Just more stuff we have to do before we go. I know that God will take care of us, I also believe He has given us the ability to be responsible with His plans.

25 Days and Counting...

No comments: