Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm Soooo Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it seems that 6 months of searching for a new position are coming to an end. Last night we got some exciting news that I will share more of tomorrow. The last six months have really been a roller-coaster of emotions. Beth and I have visited 4 different churches within that time period and each one had their benefits and problems.

We really struggled at times with whether we had made the right decision to go into full-time ministry. Not only will it be a new job, but also a new city, new school, new set of friends and a new church home. But each time we thought that we were wrong, God again showed us that this was His will for our life and each time the door closed, another one opened right behind it.

God has really worked on me with trusting Him more. Throughout this process, I had plans for how things were going to go but like other times in my life, God had something else in mind. God continued to let me know that He was right there with me, but also let me know that this was about Him and not me. Our family is excited about the oppurtunity in front of us and God is showing each of us that this is where he is wanting us to go.

Throughout this process, I felt like Abraham. The time where God told him to get up, pack his household and start walking. God knew where He was taking Abraham, but Abraham didn't. Abraham continued to trust God even though he wasn't sure what was happening. God showed us that he wanted us to leave but never showed us where or when. We started looking in faith. We loved the church we were at and the students we worked with, we still do, but we knew that God was calling us away...

Anyways, come back tomorrow and get the great news....

No comments: