Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Passing of a Friend...

I just got back from lunch and found out that a friend of mine, Jimmy Haun, has passed away. I have been thinking about him that last couple weeks. Jimmy has been a big inspiration to me and to others because almost 2 years ago he was diagnosed with cancer. The doctors only gave him 6 months to live. Jimmy fought the cancer hard, doing everything he could to stay healthy. I had Jimmy come and talk to my youth group last summer because I wanted them to see genuine Christianity from someone who was dealing with a life and death situation. Jimmy made an impact on him (like he normally did).

I am good friends with Jimmy's boy, James, Josh and Jace. James and I are very good friends. We have spent lots of time hanging out and joking. The entire family has faced this problem head-on. They knew that God was in it, no matter how hard it was to deal with.

**** I just spoke with James and the family is holding up. He said he was glad that his dad wasn't in pain anymore but also missed his father. I can completely understand.

Please pray for this great family and the pain they are suffering this morning. They rejoice that he is now pain-free and with his Saviour, but they will also miss their husband, father, and friend...

Rest in Peace Jimmy Haun