Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Remembering...

I blogged yesterday about the passing of Jimmy Haun, and how sad we all are that it happened. I know he is in a better place and pain free, so that makes it that much easier to deal with.

As I spent time talking to his son James, and then talking to my mother last night about it, I couldn't help but think of the weekend in October when my father passed away. In talking with my mom, we were discussing whether it was better that dad went quickly or if going slowly would have been better. I know my father and he wouldn't have wanted to suffer. He talked about it all the time and how he just wanted it to be over. He knew that he could be dealing with a long painful death with the history of bad habits he had. I would have loved to spent another day with my father, or even another hour of time where he could have talked to me, but I wouldn't do that if he was in any pain. I loved my father and would have given anything to spend more time with him, but I know that his passing fast was the best option for him and my family.

As for Jimmy, he touched so many lives within his 2 years of being diagnosed with cancer, I don't think he would have traded the pain for the experience. I know the family did everything to cherish the time they had together. The Haun family is one of the most influential families within their circle of friends that I have ever seen. They are all very close, and enjoy spending time with each other. I know up until the week before his passing, Jimmy was in Nashville to watch some of TNT, an event he probably never missed. The whole family was there.

I am not sure if I could have done what James, Jace and Josh did and watch their father fade. But then again, they got two years of time together of living life to its fullest with their father...

No comments: