Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Self Improvement

I have a problem. I have to much passion for my students. I tend to get down on myself when I think that they aren't connecting to God like I think they should. Right now I in a kind of re-evaluation of my life and ministry. Trying to improve how and what I am doing. I know that I have so much to learn and sometimes I feel overwhelmed. When things settle down for me, I am hoping to try some different things in my ministry that should make things better.

One of the struggles of a youth pastor is not always seeing the fruit of your labor. You spend many hours with students and don't ever feel like you are getting anywhere. I had lunch with a student who started my ministry as a seventh grader. He was never a bad kid but didn't always make the right choices. I worried about him after I left but after talking to him on Thursday. I felt better and can see how he is maturing not just physically but also spiritually. Made me feel kind of better.

Sometimes God gives you those moments to remind you that you are still doing His work.

No comments: