Pages

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Student Center takes shape

I am amazed at how God has been moving in my life and the life of my ministry since I moved to Kansas City. So many things have come about that can only be the work of God. One of those things is our new student center. When I interviewed here I was told that there had been plans drawn up to take some storage space and turn it into a student center. I was excited because up until that point, the students had no single place in the church they could call their own. No meeting room big enough to hold them all. I got right on getting this when I first got here and was really excited. Some people where pushing me to really get this done, but I have been in church long enough to know that politics play a part in everything, especially when you are talking about tearing down walls in a building.

Long story short, we started tearing down the walls on Saturday. This was a great day. 15 students and parents helped to clear out half of the building. I was hoping to get a little more done but I was happy with the progress. We have already scheduled our next work day, and we are hoping to get done by then. The sooner we get the demolition done, the sooner we can start the building. I will post updates as we move on and will keep the pictures coming.

If you want to see more, you can go to http://picasasweb.goolge.com/pwcyouth.

No comments: