Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up 10/21/2007

Attendance: Below Average
Lesson Topic: Live God Loud: Family Survival?
Fun Factor: Average
Volunteer Involvement: Above Average
Music: Average
Lesson Quality: Above Average
Length of Lesson: 25
Student Response: Above Average

I was gone last week but heard that everything went well. I am hoping to post the video on here soon. This week we decided to talk about family and what living God loud looks like when it comes to dealing with family. Each of us has been given two parents, who may or may not love us. The state of your parents shouldn't be reflected in how you treat them. If we are Living God Loud then our goal should be to obey our parents the best possible because that is what God has called us to. God didn't say, "honor your father and mother only if they do everything you like" because that will never happen. But we must honor our father and mother even if we don't like it, because our Heavenly Father has asked us to and it is our obedience to Him that overrides everything else

I know what it is like growing up in a not-so-perfect household. I had a father who was an alcoholic. This didn't make being a Christian easy or living my life easy. But I still loved my father and did what I could to obey him and my mother. We will not always see eye to eye with our parents, sometimes no matter how hard we try but I know that if the communication is open between both parents and adults, and that God is in the middle, we can make it through anything.

No comments: