Pages

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Crossword - Feb. 7, 2007




Our service last night was very interesting. I knew there were some students who weren't happy with me and some decisions I have made. Some of them feel that I have become too mean because I am making them follow the rules. I have not invented new rules for our youth group but I am enforcing rules that have been in place. The biggest one we talked about was the use of cell phones at events. I have begun the policy of not allowing them, with much issue from the students. The reasoning for the no-cellphone rule is because too many times I see students texting other students rather than talking to them. I am not against cell phone use, just the reasoning that a student ALWAYS has to have a cell phone.

The main point of our service was discussing sin and how it affects our lives. Lots of students don't believe that lying or having sex are sins. That some sins are worse than others. Society is telling our students that some things are right because they are popular but we know they go against what the Bible teaches us.

Listen and let me know what you think. Be aware that our praise band was off because our lead guitarist wasn't around.


No comments: