Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Winds of Change are Upon Us

Today feels weird. Not sure what it is. Actually, I do know but I can't go into details about it till tomorrow. There are lots of things happening and I am really excited and God is really moving.

Last night a took a step forward by talking to our board about what is going on in my life. They were very supportive (as I thought they would be) and excited for me. Our church board has some great people on it and I continue to pray for them as they are doing the business of the church. They do not have an easy job, but they are doing what God has called them to do.

As today is Valentine's day, I want to give a shout out to my wife, Beth. We have been married for the last 12 years and are more in love today than we were then. She is my best friend besides being my wife. I am sure that I couldn't function without her. She does whatever I ask her (within reason). She helps me so much with my ministry. She does things that I am not able to, making phone calls, fliers, etc. She works hard to raise our 3 kids while I am off working or doing ministry. Sometimes I forget how much she does and think about myself, but I KNOW that I would never change jobs with her. She does stuff that I wouldn't want to do and she puts up with so much from me and the kids.

I love how she has grown closer to God. She wants so much to be a better mother, wife and women. She struggles sometimes and I hope that I help her more than hurt. She has been a wonderful wife. I couldn't imagine being married to anyone else (even though I am sure she could :) ).

I love her to death, and that grows deeper each day. I laugh at some of my students who talk about being in love, but have no clue what they are talking about. They believe love is just being with someone. They don't understand the sacrifice and commitment that goes into a real relationship. A love so deep that no argument could ever split you up. A love so dear, that nothing you do could ever lessen it. A love so deep that trials only make it deeper.

I love you Beth...

No comments: