Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Jr. High Mission Trip - Woohoo

So tomorrow I have my first big event at Platte Woods. We are having a Jr. High Mission Trip. Now, we aren't really going anywhere but the kids are still excited about it. When I say we aren't going anywhere, that isn't entirely true. We will start out by going to Harvester's and help sorting donated items so they can give it to those who need it. Check out their website, http://www.harvesters.org/ I am glad the kids are excited about helping out.

After we leave Harvester's we will head back to the church, clean up and then head to dinner. Around 9, we will head to go Galactic Bowling at Gladstone Bowling. This will be exciting and fun to do. Then on Saturday we will get up and start doing some work around the church. This will be the fun part because we are moving two of our youth rooms to the other end of the building. The new rooms will have to be cleaned out, touched up and then painted. Plus all the furniture will have to be moved. The students are going to work.

I am really excited about this because I have close to 30 students who said they are coming. That is great for a Jr. High only event and one that isn't very exciting on the front end. We are going to have fun, but we are also going to have to work also. I also have a bunch of students who really haven't come since I have been there, but they are coming to this event. Again, excited...

One other cool thing will be to see how our attendance changes once we get closer to the school year. I have tons of students who have busy summers that haven't been to church, but once school starts they will come back. I am looking forward to it. I can see God's hand at work in this ministry. Things are just working and hopefully lives are being changed because of it.

I had a great lunch with one of my seniors today, and also our associate pastor. It was a fun time. I enjoyed getting to know her and find out what she is interested in. She loves music and plays the violin and is learning the cello(spelling). The Sr. High in our group is the toughest to deal with. They are great students but they have a lot of things going on. Because of things that have happened in the group, they don't seem to have the attachment to it that the Jr. High does. I am hoping that will change.

As I end, I just want to give Thanks to God for all He is doing in this ministry. I am only a vessel to be used...

No comments: