Pages

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up 07/08/2007


Sunday 07/01/2007

Attendance: Average
Lesson Topic:
Finally Getting What You Want: Joshua 2-4, 6

'Fun Factor':
Slightly Average

Volunteer Involvement:
Average

Music:
Average

Lesson Quality:
Below Average

Length of Lesson:
35 minutes

Student Response:
Below Average


Do you ever have those nights were things just don't seem right? I think I delivered my worst lesson since I have been at Platte Woods. I know that isn't many, but tonight just seemed way off. I think I am getting too cocky when preparing my lessons. Not putting the time I need to into it. Not delivering it the way I need to. I was just off. My wife even said so, which isn't usually the case. I will work harder this week. Spend more time on it.

The lesson was on Joshua and Jericho. We talked about finally getting prayers answered and keeping ourselves out of God's way. I think we get in our own way when we ask God to do things. We think we have a better plan than God, just as Joshua probably thought walking around the walls of Jericho wouldn't have brought the wall down.

The good thing is that I am continuing to have new students show up. Some that I haven't met yet or who haven't been to the church in a while. We have some new things getting ready to start, so hopefully that will help the service.

No comments: