Pages

Monday, July 30, 2007

Lots of changes going on...

Holy cow the days are starting to blend together. Our youth ministry is about to kick into high gear and I am extremely busy. The next 3 weekends will be really busy for me. We have a workday this Saturday, which will probably start on Friday because we have a ton to do. Then Aug 10/11th we have our Worlds of Fun Rally with a concert by Jonah 33 and then Aug 17th is our Back to School Bash with a concert by Sidewalk Prophets. On top of that we are in the process or starting up some new programming. Very busy indeed.

One major thing we have just overcome is naming our youth group. Before I even got here that was my #1 priority. We held a contest for students/adults to submit logos and names for what they thought the group should be. We had 4 entries. The name that was chosen was Flite Ministries (Fellowship, Leadership, Involvement thru Evangelism) and the logo is what you see here. I think it looks great and have already started integrating it into our ministry. Now comes the fun part of getting all our marketing together with the new logo.

I am constantly amazed out how God works in our lives. I know for a fact that He moved us to KC. I am glad that He did, but there are times when I don't feel that what I am doing is really worth the compliments that I get (even though I am not the one who should take credit).
I just feel that there are times when I don't put my best into a lesson, event, or anything else in my ministry, but He overcomes that and makes into something special. I am just amazed...

No comments: