Pages

Friday, May 18, 2007

1st School Visits.... Lakeview & Congress Middle


Well, last night I attended my first school performances for Congress Middle School (@ Park Hill High) and Lakeview Middle School (@ Park Hill South High). I had a blast seeing the students and talking to parents. I realized that between the two schools I had about 15 or so students in the bands. This is amazing. I laughed as I went thru the list of students in the band and I recognized the names of the students but had no idea who they were.

Pictured you will see Clarice. She loves to play the flute and is very good. She got MVP of the band for her class. I am excited because she is willing to play at youth group and in the church service. I love it when kids want to be involved. I really think it helps them to feel a part of the service, and it helps the adults to see them doing things.

Funny thing is, I haven't met Clarice yet. I have talked to her online and on myspace and I saw her performance, but I haven't had a chance to met her yet. That time will come on Sunday night when I stand in front of all the students and their parents and talk about my vision and dreams for the future of this youth group. I am very excited about this oppurtunity and can't wait to share it with the rest of the group...

Come out and join us if you are in the area.

No comments: