Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cleaned My Desk Out

Well, reality is starting to set in. This afternoon before I left work, I cleaned out my desk. I boxed all my stuff up into 2 boxes and walked out. I am still in shock that all this is happening. On Thursday, our dept will have a goodbye lunch for me. Still strange.

God has really been good to us. Everything seems to be going great for our move and things are looking great for the future. As much as I know that this is what God has called me to do, I am still scarred out of my mind that I am going to mess up. I have been doing youth ministry for a while, but my livelihood has never depended on that. This is a HUGE move for us, not just getting a new job, but moving to a new city, in a new state, in a new part of the country. My kids will be going to a new church and then a new school. We will all have new friends we will need to make, as well as keeping up with old friends.

I am scared beyond belief, but I think this is where God wants me. Scared so much that I know I can't do it on my own. So much that I continue to lean on God and not take my talents for granted. I love working with students and am very EXCITED to be doing it full-time come Monday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roy and Beth, we are excited for you to get to Kansas City.

Chris and Becky SAms